Health care organizations interested in becoming a certified node on ConnectVirginia EXCHANGE should thoroughly review the following documents:
ConnectVirginia EXCHANGE Policy and Procedures that implement the policy decisions which underlie ConnectVirginia.
ConnectVirginia EXCHANGE Trust Agreement, the legally binding agreement which which builds upon the various legal requirements that Nodes are already subject to and describes the mutual responsibilities, obligations and expectations of all Nodes that participate in EXCHANGE.
These documents can be found on our resources page.
Questions? Visit our Onboarding Frequently Asked Questions page to see answers to commonly asked questions about the onboarding process.
After reviewing these documents, contact ConnectVirginia at email@example.com to schedule a meeting to discuss onboarding and to clarify any remaining technical, and/or legal questions. ConnectVirginia is available to work with technology providers/representatives to discuss the technological readiness of the organization.
- Submit a completed ConnectVirginia EXCHANGE Node Application form Trust Agreement
- If not already executed, submit a signed Bridge Funding MOU and pay the MOU annual invoice (for hospitals/health systems)
- ConnectVirginia will review and present the application to the ConnectVirginia Board of Directors for acceptance.
- Upon notification of acceptance, begin the ConnectVirginia eHealth Exchange onboarding process by identifying dedicated project staff and meeting with the ConnectVirginia project team.
- Successfully complete all eHealth Exchange testing and validation activities.
- Upon successful completion of testing, ConnectVirginia will countersign and return the EXCHANGE Trust Agreement